- Posts: 341
- Karma: 4
- Thank you received: 3
Handling Flammable Liquids
- Topic Author
Flammable liquids like oil, gas, kerosene, and many solvents present unique fire hazards. They give off invisible vapors that can travel long distances and catch fire quickly or explode when ignited by something as small as a static discharge.
Follow these tips when using flammable liquids:
- Keep away from ignition sources, such as cigarettes or hot machinery surfaces.
- Use only in areas with good ventilation.
- Store in approved metal containers.
- Ground and bond containers when transferring materials to safely discharge static electricity.
- Take only what you need for a job.
- Clean up spills and leaks quickly.
- Remove clothing that has absorbed liquids immediately.
- Never store near heat sources.
- Do not cut or weld on drums or containers that once contained gasoline or other flammable liquids.
Reply to Webmaster